Here I add bookmarks and recommendations about travel and holidays.
New York recommendations 🗽
- If it’s sunny head to Court Square on the Queens side, get a deli picnic from Foodcellar Market and head to Gantry Plaza State Park. Beautiful clear views of Manhattan and lots of picnic benches. If you fancy, you can then get the water taxi to Brooklyn or downtown for a few dollars.
- Also in the area around Court Square is MOMA PS1, the hip, trendy outhouse of the Museum of Modern Art. Worth a quick visit if you like mind-boggling modern art.
- Favourite museums are American Museum of Natural History (go see prehistoric Lucy! and dinosaurs!) or the Guggenheim, which is perfectly New York (but it’s pricey ££ to get into both).
- I'd really recommend the tours at the Tenement Museum, which shows you what it was like to live in NY through the 19th and 20th Century.
- Have also done an ace walking tour of Wall Street which talks through the history all the way up to the crash, I think it was this one.
- Restaurant: Bryant Park Grill, behind the public library. Ask for a table outside on the terrace and do some people watching. The steak is great.
- Lastly, for a very NY experience get some deli meats, bread and jewish baked treats (chocolate babka please!) from Zabars for a Central Park picnic.
© Bailey Kursar 2023. All Rights Reserved.