- Marion Galley (facilitating)
- Emily Lewis
- Mar Murube
- Sutin Yang
- Sarah from the Fawcett Society East London (guest)
- We spent a few minutes welcoming everyone to the call and doing some quick intros. Emily and Mar joined us for the first time so shared their expertise with the group.
- In-house recruiter survey: Following on from Emily's insight as an in-house recruiter we talked about how to get more information about why in-house recruiters don't currently list salary information.
- We talked about doing a quick poll on LinkedIn.
- We talked about designing a quick survey that Emily can share using specific networks for in-house recruiters.
- Sutin suggested we should ask about what makes in-house recruiters uncomfortable about the idea – if we identify the barriers we can tackle them in our next steps.
- Learning from Fawcett Society East London's #EndSalaryHistory campaign: Our guest Sarah shared insight from their campaign around getting employers to stop asking about salary history.
- Their aims are three fold, with initial focus on the first two to build momentum:
- Raise awareness of the issue.
- Get employers to pledge not to ask publicly (at the moment they have around 60-70).
- Change the law.
- They initially did a survey and got around 270 respondents by sending out to their newsletter list and local groups and promoting on social media.
- They've had success screenshotting the question when it appears on recruitment forms and shaming publicly on Twitter.
- Their biggest successes have been from promoting the fact that an employer has joined the campaign and pledged on social media – they designed a nice banner to welcome new employers and these posts get lots of engagement, particularly on Twitter.
- We agreed to work together and particularly to identify target companies through the Tech UK Scale Up list and similar and work together to target them.
- Next steps: Bailey said she'd continue collating and organising desk research on Notion, Sutin said she could help Emily put out a survey for in-house recruiters.
Planned for Monday 19th July, 6-7pm. Initial agenda for that meeting:
- Welcome and intros (if necessary).
- Updates from the group – what's everyone been able to contribute?
- Strategy exercise from Bethan Vincent (TBC).
- Define and assign next steps.
Please let me know if you have things to add or want to volunteer to facilitate/notetake.